Newsletter - February, 1996
We bring you wishes for a happy 1996 and wish to thank all of you who sent holiday greetings. We always enjoy hearing from yu on the off season.
The summer of 1995 will be memorable for many reasons.
- The unusually hot humid weather made for people happily busy with water sports. We heard the comment. "I didn't even take my fishing pole out of the car, I was too busy playing."
- The resurfacing of Highway K and the WBV parking lot pleased us all. Those of you who struggled with the wretched road in May and June will be pleasantly surprised when you come this summer. We appreciated everyone's cooperation as they had to park across the road while we asphalted the parking lot and drive.
- The introduction or our weekly newsletter, detailing activities and news for the resort and the area, was well received.
- In June a mother Merganser nested in a tree by the parking lot and led twelve baby ducklings to the water.
- In July we were delighted to have Crystal Jackson from St. Louis, Mo. as our artist-in- residence for a week of painting and demonstrating her technique. Her stay culminated on Friday with a showing of her work. Many fortunate people are now owners of her water colors.
- Many families chose a tree in our adopt a tree program. We look forward to their enjoyment in nurturing and watching the tree grow.
- On September22 we had three inches of snow.
On February 1 we were saddened by the death or Carol's father, but gladdened by the birth of a son to Becky Prigge, our office manager. As a life ended a new one began.
We look forward again to seeing you all in 1996.
Carol and Dick